- something scenic (I know it's the city and will be in winter !! MY PARENTS JUST REALLY LIKE PHOTOGRAPHY, anything that's nice to get pics of also works)
- general...places of interest...Skytree's on the list, I'm thinking of visiting an aquarium maybe...or something sciencey...idk...maybe a bird cafe
- places to eat at? I guess?
- as far as anime/manga/games go I'm only really looking for a place to get YGO cards at a good price so my brother can burn a hole in his wallet, I could do research on this myself though
- also probably drop by a Pokemon Centre and burn a hole in mine, I don't wanna bore my parents spending too long shopping though...like there are a lot of places I want to visit but also I need to consider that they're most likely not going to be interested and will raise eyebrows at not-very-wholesome doujins so that's definitely off the list
- shopping for nice snacks we can bring back. cute souvenirs
Other general notes:
- my dad is vegetarian and incredibly picky, please save me I don't know how to talk my way out of this one
- we'll PROBABLY be stationed around Sunshine City but this hasn't been confirmed yet, and my sense of distance will be seriously impaired because Singapore is 1/3 the size of Tokyo it's positively mind-boggling
- half of the family likes EXCITING THINGS and the other half (including me) likes quiet places like museums. help (there are not enough exciting things I know about)
- my brother and I both can read/understand spoken Japanese fine so navigation is definitely not a problem, this is also the 3rd time we'll be in Tokyo (so we've visited the Ghibli museum before, among other places)
- but because we don't have conversational partners we're both atrocious at talking, so I would kind of really prefer not to have to talk a lot and embarrass myself (for the third time; it is more or less trauma level now
I remember the last time we managed to survive because we kept bumping into people who spoke Chinese...